When it comes to making responsible beauty products, LUSH still reins Queen.
What is really great about LUSH is that it brings green, sustainable-focused products to the public in an easy-to-access way. Across the UK, Canada, and the US, you can find a LUSH shop in most major cities. If you have a large mall near you, there’s probably a LUSH there. And that’s freakin’ awesome!
LUSH, as a company, has so many great things I could point out. But for today’s post, I want to focus on the “naked” products. Naked products are free from plastic wrap, cardboard packaging and styrofoam bits (if you buy them in store.) That’s one big step towards lowering the amount of waste us humans produce every year.
The 6 Naked LUSH Products You Need to Try
- Solid Shampoo Bars – I was skeptical, but now I’m a believer. These condensed pucks lather like crazy and leave my hair very clean. Not only do they have zero packaging waste, they also take up less space than a traditional shampoo. Which is pretty critical when your bathroom is as small as mine is!
- Massage Bars – Who doesn’t like a good massage? Whether it’s solo or with a partner, a Massage Bar definitely enhance your massage ritual. They melt with the heat of your hands to create a wonderful creamy oil. Make sure you store them in a tin or on a tray to prevent messes!
- Shower Scrubs – Much like the massage bars, the solid Body Scrubs do melt when exposed to heat. But they also buff away dead skin and those pesky little bumps on your arms, legs, and chest. They come in a variety of “recipes” so make sure you read reviews to find the one that’s right for you. Tip: Cut the bar into smaller pieces and store in a sealable container. Use piece by piece instead of the whole bar to make it last longer.
- Hot Oil Hair Treatments – These used to come in a tub, until the green geniuses at LUSH realized these could be sold as a solid! They are also cheaper in their solid form. Nice. Use these when your locks need some extra TLC.
- Soaps – If you haven’t tried a luxury-blend soap from LUSH, what are you waiting for? They have one for every skin issue and various scents to bring your lather routine to the next level.